Search This Blog

Monday, April 24, 2017

Cats' yard empire.

On 14-April, I finally succeeded in reaching the local Humane Society, and fetched home a cat trap.

Too late, apparently. :/

I'd thought I might catch Vee in time, but getting the trap on a Friday made that problematic. I didn't want to catch her Friday evening, not and leave her trapped for days! She'd be prey to coons who'd consider her a convenient snack.


Sweetpea had her kittens sometime during 15 or 16-April.  Maybe even on Easter; but we weren't here until evening. 8(

Then Sweetpea went rather feral for a few days. Wednesday [?] she turned back into her usual affectionate self, and was very happy to see me, to come inside and be petted more, and to keep telling me that she loved me. "Pet me MORE!" said my grey cat.

The sisters [Sweetie and Vee] now that they're both mothers [maybe] aren't on the greatest of speaking terms right now. I had to tell Vee to behave when she growled at Sweetpea... which is likely a Sign that Vee does indeed have a couple of live kittens stashed somewhere. The shed, probably.



Vee-cat had three stillborn kittens this past Friday evening.

She may have live kittens somewhere, but we don't know. Not yet. She looked to be carrying anywhere from 4-6 kittens.

Vee has been oddly affectionate for the last 2-3 days. This could be so she gets petted, and her shedding fur decreased, but it does seem that Vee feels understandably traumatized.

When we came home Friday night, Vee was sitting atop an old suitcase on the porch. If she'd had a little wee feline watch, she'd've been tapping it. "Where have you BEEN, people who feed me???"


If Sweetpea and Vee follow their mother's habits, then we may see live kittens in a week-plus after their birth. Now that I know how long their first pregnancy has lasted, perhaps I can make sure it's their last.

I'll chat with the Humane Society. I'd like to restart my trap possession, and find out how long a cat mother needs to heal after having her litter...

Argh.  Looks like it's about 6 weeks! Well then, I'll see about trapping Bad Kitty and return the trap.

No comments: