Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

From Clariel to ConFusion 2015

I find I want to angst about a book I just read.  But if you haven't read the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix, possibly you won't feel the same way.

I also don't want to spoil it.  Clariel hasn't been out very long -- since October 2014, Goodreads tells me.  Goodreads is likely not a good place to go either if you want to go in quite blind, as I did.

In case you have read Clariel, enjoy the links here.


NPR's review is somewhat spoilery; don't read unless you've read the book.  The same applies to Tor.com's review.

And whatever you do, do NOT skip to the end of the book.  Garth put a very short afterword, and although that didn't spoil anything for me, it made the entire story more poignant.

I wanted to Fix Things for those who didn't know what I knew.  That's the problem; longtime readers will know what would have helped the characters.

So I may save my angsting for ConFusion this weekend then.  :D  Hope to see you there.  Drive safely, dress warmly, and make sure to pack everything, cough drops included.

No comments: