Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

ConClave's in a fortnight.

Please note two updates to this page, marked by the ETA.


I'll be at ConClave October 10-12, 2014 -- it's at ConFusion's Dearborn hotel.

ETA 29-Sept-2014:  Here's the Clave Facebook page.  The programming track is here (subject to changes, as always); and yeah, that Copy Editor Q & A on Friday night is me.



The Dorsai and crew run a nice little con.  I had a lot of fun last year, and usually do, since Clave is one of my hometown cons.

The writing track looks pretty interesting.  I'm also keen because Kelly McCullough, who wrote the fantastic WebMage series, is the GoH.

The Webmage series is full of awesome.  I'm horrified that Goodreads fans have barely quoted any of it, frankly.  Slackers.  OTOH, some of the best bits aren't one-liners.

I have to lay hands on his other books sometime soon.

Of course, I'm also biased, as my dear friend M. Keaton will attend.  MK is on most panels -- and when I say that, I'm not exaggerating.  (Really.)  He's a fun person and a great author.  People love him as a panelist too.

If you've ever heard him read "Purple Wings and Troll Snot" for kids and adults alike, or dug into his novel, Calamity's Child, then you know what I mean.

Firefly fans will immediately feel at home with Calamity's Child.  I know because I did.  I'm not the only one.  8)


Haven't been to a con?  Then check out the con tips by Gareth L. Powell, which is in my DetCon1 post, near the end.

No comments: