Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

AZ summary: 2010

This used to be in the sidebar. I think I'll update my summary annually.

* During 2005-2007, I proofread for author Steven Brust. Then I copy edited his collaboration _A Pair of Bullets_ during 2007, which was briefly online (starting 5-Sept-2008).

* I became the copy editor for Locus Magazine in September 2007, right after becoming the then-junior copy editor for Shimmer Magazine.

*
In July 2008, I began proofreading The New York Review of Science Fiction.

* In October 2008, I began proofreading Electric Velocipede.


I passed the torch and am not proofreading Locus anymore [since early 2010]. My duties increased at EV, to Shimmer's loss. I'm now the managing editor at EV.

When I went from two to four zines, I hadn't expected that two are perhaps the easier load -- but so it's proved. Particularly as I handle more books now than I did.

No comments: