Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Something to read..."

Paula Guran on the WSJ, which bewails the death of the slush pile.

My friend Jeremy talks about where his WiP are: Threepio?!?

M. Keaton tells how it used to be. :D

-- Considering that I was just looking up a certain kind of signature format... which I still haven't yet located... Anyone else who remembers pounding on typewriters, sing out.

Angry Robot sample chapters, Feb. 2010.

So do count this as a bit of entertainment along with whatever else. :> I won't be online much, barring email, while I'm out of town. Starting Thursday. Try not to break the InterWeb while I'm gone. ;d

2 comments:

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I remember typewriters. OH, I was SO happy when word processors came along, or typewriters with a one line memory. State of the art! *sigh* I remember sitting down to my first computer in college taking a class in programming. We were supposed to program a loop. I went through the steps repeatedly. It REFUSED to loop. I dropped the class. I had a DOS computer one place I worked that terrified me. I much preferred the dictaphone and the word processor. When I sat down in front of my first Mac computer, where I could actually figure out what to do with the blank screen, I fell in love.

Starbuck O'Shea said...

Back in 1987, I discovered my first Mac Classic. I nearly lived in the computer lab then.

Luckily, I only had one college semester of using Mom's typewriter.

I do remember trying to program an if-then loop that wouldn't stop. Which it wasn't supposed to do. That was on a C= PET.